At The Virginia Barber School, students become life-long learners. Our academic program instills the knowledge they will need to excel in the Barbering profession.
Our classes achieve excellence because we employ a wide repertoire of teaching and learning strategies, and students are actively involved in the learning process. Our stimulating classes draw upon students' strengths and encourage them to push themselves to the outer limits of their abilities.
Voluntary extracurricular activities, such as cutting the homeless for the holidays, enable students to apply the material they learn in class to a real-life situation. Teachers provide ideas and motivate students to take the initiative. In this way, students exercise their creativity and learn to set goals for themselves.
Scope of Sequence
1. School policies; 50
2. State law, regulations and professional ethics; 50
3. Business and shop management; 75
4. Client consultation; 50
5. Personal hygiene; 100
6. Cutting the hair with a razor, clippers, shears; 100
7. Tapering the hair; 100
8. Thinning the hair; 100
9. Shampooing the hair; 50
10.Professional image 100
11. Shaving 100
12. Triming a moustache or beard 100
13. Analyzing skin or scalp conditions 50
14. Scalp Treatments 50
15. Facial massage treatments 50
16. Sanitizing and maintaining implements and equipment 100
17. Honing and stropping a razor. 50
Total Hours 1100